eHealth Standards and Profiles in Action for Europe and Beyond
The eStandards CSA is proposed by HL7, CEN TC251, & IHE, leading Standards Organizations (SDOs), and is supported by the eHealth Network, ISO TC215, GS1, IHTSDO, IEEE11073, and IMIA to advance eHealth interoperability and global alignment of standards with seven objectives:
- Join up with Stakeholders in Europe and globally to build consensus on eHealth standards, accelerate knowledge-sharing, and promote wide adoption of standards.
- Deliver an evidence-based Roadmap for alignment, iterative consolidation, and broad acceptance of eStandards that is endorsed by SDOs, the eHealth Network, the providers, and the Industry.
- Contribute to the eHealth Interoperability Framework use cases focusing on clinical content modelling for different paradigms and embed a Quality Management System for interoperability testing and certification of eHealth systems.
- Collect evidence and provide guidance on the coexistence of competing or overlapping standards in large-scale eHealth deployment nationally and cross-border.
- Participate in EU/US MoU roadmap actions as the international patient summaries standard.
- Explore socio-economic aspects of eHealth interoperability, revisiting the language for user-vendor interaction that embodies ‘co-making’ in trust, collaboration and long-term engagement.
- Align across PHC-34 to nurture innovation, sustainability & growth under CEF and beyond contributing to Key actions of the Digital Agenda 2020.
|Participant short organization name||Participant organization name||Country|
|Research in Advanced Medical Information and Telematics vzw||BE|
|HL7 International Foundation||BE/EU|
|3||NEN (Representing CENTC/251)||Stichting Nederlands Normalisatie – Instituut||NL/EU|
|4||IHE-EUR||Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise-Europe aisbl||BE/EU|
|5||EuroRec||European Institute for Health Records||FR/EU|
|9||NICTIZ||Stichting Nationaal Ict Instituut In De Zorg||NL|
|10||HOPE||European Hospital and Healthcare Federation||BE/EU|
|11||COCIR||European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry||BE/EU|
|12||SPMS||Serviços Partilhados do Ministério da Saúde, E.P.E.||PT|
Facts and figures
Type of Action: CSA
Full title: eHealth standards and Profiles in Action for Europe and Beyond
Project Agreement No: 643889
Duration: 24 months
Start Date: 2015-05-01
End Date: 2017-04-30
Estimated Project Cost: €999.768
Requested EU Contribution: €999.768